Juniors Program (5 years+)
Our Juniors Program teaches the fundamental skills of Taekwon-Do. We start to introduce our Juniors to the dynamic and powerful kicking techniques that TKD is famous for, and the ability and confidence to execute blocks and strikes with your hands.
Once our Juniors have shown the maturity and ability to control their physical and mental actions, they are ready to participate in sparring simulations.
Students in our Juniors Program will start to excel in the following develop:
- Social skills.
- Self-discipline, respect and perseverance.
- Goal setting and leadership ability.
- Vision and direction.
- Respect and courtesy for all members of our society.
- An understanding of traditional Taekwon-Do and the benefits of martial arts.
- To enjoy physical challenges and thrive at social engagement.
- The ability to read situations and act with the most appropriate actions to defuse bullies and threats.
- Our Juniors will start to venture into the sport aspect of TKD and compete locally and nationally.
- To be mentally strong and calm when confronted with a task or challenge.
Seniors Program (9 years+)
Our Seniors Program focuses on all aspects of ITF Taekwon-Do that was designed by the founder of TKD, General Choi.
We start to delve deeper into the foundations of traditional ITF taekwondo, and students will study and practice both the physical and mental aspects of this dynamic hobby/sport/art.
You will become a member of Australias largest National association and the official governing body, the Iternational Taekwon-Do Federation (ITF). You will have access to the very best tuition possible under the guidance of our Grandmaster Daher and Chief Instructor Tom Foggo.
You can train for the social and fitness aspect, to gain confidence to defend yourself and loved ones, or to become a world champion and compete in Contact sparring, Patterns, Power Breaking, and special techniques.
Our Seniors Program can offer all aspects that can be associated with Taekwon-Do. Once you join the ASTKD you will be a part of the worldwide TKD family.
Students in our Seniors Program will:
- Decrease stress and increase energy.
- Gain health, fitness and flexibility in an exciting and fun environment.
- Find a new lifelong passion and form lifelong friendships with like-minded people.
- Develop self-defence skills and the confidence to find your voice in life.
- Have the opportunity to compete locally, nationally and internationally with our competition team.
- Train your mind and body to be a physical and mental dynamic force.
- Be part of a time-tested system that gets results, regardless of ability and age.
- Have support and role models to inspire you, every step along your TKD journey.
OUR CLUB LOCATIONS
Juniors classes are suitable for students aged 5-10. Seniors classes for students aged 10 and older (students aged 10 are welcome to attend the Juniors classes if they’d prefer).