Welcome to Week 9 of Term 1!
We have a few important updates and events coming up in this newsletter!
Wednesday Holiday Training Sessions with Chief Instructor Tom Foggo
With the school holidays about to start, we will be offering a limited amount of holiday classes. On both Wednesdays we will offer an all day training camp from 8.30am to 3.30pm.
We will begin at Chief Instructors house at Lota at 29 Keyes St, and do some training down the waterfront.
These are fun adventurous sessions and suited to older juniors and the seniors.
You will need to bring plenty of food, water and a bike/scooter/running shoes for when we adventure down to the water.
You are welcome to attend for half a day or the whole day 🙂
If you have any questions don’t hesistate to ask!
Cost is a donation of your choosing to Anna’s Go Fund Me Finland trip.
Thursday Holiday Training Sessions with Instructor Anna
Instructor Anna will also offer private sessions at Chief Instructors home gym on both Thursdays of the holidays.
The cost will again be a donation of your choice to her Go Fund Me page.
There will be two sessions avaliable on the Thursdays – 9am-10.30am or 11am-12.30pm.
Thank you for your support!
Hey everyone, it’s Anna! I just want to thank you all for your continuous support! It means a lot to me and my family.
If, by any chance, you are be able to donate to help me get to the ITF World Championships in Finland, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you all SO much!! 🙂
– When we return in Term 2, we will begin 3 weeks of in-class gradings for new belts.
– During week 3, students who have passed will receive their new belts in a small presentation at the end of each class.
– Parents are welcome to come in a little early in week 3 to watch and help celebrate.
Senior Students; Grading Times & Dates and Quiz Due Dates!
– All seniors must complete their quiz; that can be found on the website and send through a screenshot of your 100% correct, completed quiz for your level.
– For all senior students, the Grand Master will be in town to conduct a seminar and grading for Blue Belts and above on Saturday the 6th of May. Blue Belts and above will not be handed any belts in class so please lock in Saturday the 6th of May in your calendar.
Bai Rui Competition – Sunday May 7th
– Bai Rui Comp on Sunday the 7th of May (the day after Grand Master’s seminar and grading), all students will have the opportunity to attend the first competition of the year. It is here in Brisbane at Nathan – so please lock in this date.
Competition Only Classes Before Bai Rui Competition
– Chief Instructor will run competition only sessions on Saturday and Sundays of Week 1 and Week 2 of Term 2 to help prepare – times for these sessions and registration details will be released at the beginning of Term 2.
– On Saturday the 3rd of June, we are so proud to announce, that we will be hosting our first ever competition with help from our National association.
– It will be for ages 5 to 18 years old.
– Held at Gumdale State School.
– It will be a great competition for all beginners as they will be able to compete in Patterns, Technique, Special Techniques and Power Breaking.
More info will be released Term 2!
We also would like to ask if any parent or student that has a first aid certificate would like to be our first aid officer for the day…if interested please let us know!
Fees for Term 2
Term 2 will begin on Monday the 17th of April. For those that have recurring term debits set up, you do not need to do anything as your payments will begin on that day. For those that chose weekly debits or haven’t set up a direct debit, you will be sent a new agreement during the holidays.
Term 1 – Thank you
Thank you to all parents and students for your efforts to start the year. Our school is fast becoming a leader in Taekwon-Do tuition in Australia but more importantly we are building a great environment for students to have fun, learn quality skills and to keep growing.
Chief Instructor Tom Foggo