I am excited for a big year for our club in 2023. We have a few class location updates, a new payment system for fees and a revamped grading and training system.
All classes will be at the same time and locations as last year except for the following:
- Instructor Anna’s Wynnum class has been cancelled.
- On Tuesday evenings Anna will start a new class at Wakerley from 5.30pm to 7pm. The venue is the Meals on Wheels building at 880 Manly Rd and the class will be held in the building on the far right. It will be a mixed class for all students from 5.30pm to 6.30pm. The last 30 minutes (6:30pm to 7:00pm) is for the seniors only. Juniors can be picked up at 6:30pm.
- Friday’s Gumdale community hall classes have all been cancelled.
- Instructor Tom will take a class on Fridays from 3.30pm to 4.30pm for the juniors at the new Wakerley venue (880 Manly Rd).
- Instructor Tom will run a new class on Fridays at our Camp hill venue at St Thomas Primary School from 5.30pm to 7pm. This class will be a bit different as it will be our main competition training class each week. Students will be able to attend and just practice themselves or work with other students at patterns, sparring, special techniques and power breaking.
My aim is to open this class up for all other Taekwondo schools so that they can come and train with us so that we can network and learn skills from one another. If you are interested in getting started in competitions or want to attend a class just to focus on one aspect, this class is for you.
All previous bank accounts and options to pay fees have changed.
Term fees will now be be automatically direct debited.
You have two options..
1. To pay in full for the term
2. To pay the 10 week term weekly.
Both options equal the same amount.
If you are continuing classes is 2023, Please let me know what option you would like and I will send you the agreement. It comes via text and is set up with a few clicks👍
send a message to 0401 472 156 for this.
Single Student fees
2 students in the family
3 students in the family
4th family member trains free
Gradings in 2023
In 2023 we will be having 3 gradings instead of 4.
I have been asked to attend the Taekwondo World Championship in Finland with Instructor Anna in September, so I have planned around this once in a lifetime opportunity to compete and coach.
I have penciled in the following dates for our Sunday Gradings and belt ceremonies:
Saturday 6th May
Sunday 20th August
Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd December
I will continue to run the in-class testing in the weeks leading up to the big Sunday gradings and belt ceremonies.
Seminar & Red/Black Grading
- On Saturday 6th of May, the Grand Master will conduct a seminar and red/black belt grading.
- On Saturday 3rd December, the Grand Master will again be in town to conduct a seminar and Black belt grading.
Thank you for all of your support and the roles you play in making our TKD school world class.
All I ask is that you believe in our Instructor team and the programs that I have created and talk highly to families and friends about our school and the benefits of Taekwondo.
I will be releasing newsletters onto our website with all of our club’s updates each month and you can also follow us on Facebook.
Thanks, Chief Instructor Tom